Monday, August 24, 2009

My First Holiday



During the Summer of 2009, I was able to visit four countries in 20 days. This was my first time visiting overseas. England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales were more than I have ever dreamed of... One of the best parts of the experience was sharing it with the love of my life, John Murphy.




Everyone keeps asking me, "what was your favorite country?", and I always reply, "each one has it's own unique part that I love". I had the pleasure of viewing many castles. What girl does not like castles? I experienced the Tube, the London Eye, Kayla and JM taking 1000's of photos of Big Ben, kissing the Blarney Stone, drinking in an Irish Pub, standing in two countries at the same time (Scotland and England), walking through Abby Ruins that were breathtaking,drinking the perfect spot of tea, eating haggis in Scotland is not that bad, visiting Anne Hathaways thatched cottage in the Cotswalds, visiting Queen Elizabeth II's home church, and watching sheep run wild throughout the countryside. And did I mention that the weather was superb? I found that I love hot tea, especially Twinnings Everyday blend. Now to find the perfect teapot and cups... And I also realized that no matter what, JM is my perfect match!




My only regrets, if they are truly regrets were: not buying Wellies, not buying the cutest teapot ever, and not doing this sooner.

We are currently planning our next holiday out of the country. Can't wait to see where we go next...

No comments: